Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
[QUOTE]...And I have no problem with it used in schools - when it's warranted. My only request of the school would be to let me know immediately.
I don't know Moby. I can kinda see your point, and it's a good one. I just think it puts the school in an odd position of judge, jury, and deliverer of punishment. I'm sure there are some schools systems out there that would handle this properly. But I think some schools would use it as an enforcement tool. This could conflict with the accused's ability to due process.

Personally, I don't like the idea of someone else hitting my kid.(Doesn't matter there is no corporal punishment in our county) Suspend or expel them as they may, but there can be no lesson learned from from a principal hitting a kid with a paddle.

Other things can be used as deterants to bad behavior. Besides the afore mentioned alternatives, school priveledges and functions such as, games, and/or social activities could be denied. Perhaps a classroom setting change may bring people in line. Ultimately, the threat of being expelled from the school district completely will cause most parents to make sure their kids behave themselves.