The thing that's really unfortunate is that Lebanon was making great strides to become the Lebanon of old... the Lebanon where muslims, christians and jews lived in relative harmony... back when Beruit was a vacation destination and the country was pretty well off. After Syria took over, and the Bekah valley was turned into a training camp for terrorists, Israel had little choice but to attack. Beruit was turned into a war zone, and the country crumbled.

Back in '90, I met a fellow college student who was from Beruit. He didn't hate America, Israel or Europe, he hated Syria. He said that his goal in life was to finish his education, travel home, and do everything in his power to restore freedom to his country. He longed for a return to the "old days" of prosperity and peace.

Israel should do its thing and quickly pull out. They can't just sit by and let the terrorists kidnap and kill soldiers, but out of all the countries in the area, I'd say that Israel has the best chance for peace with Lebanon and Jordan. Lebanon just needs help clearing all the bad guys out of the country.

As for comments like this:
Quote:
As long as they keep going down the road of an eye for an eye, the conflict will always smolder and may very well erupt in all out war, which I believe may be the case this time. IMHO it is time to show some compassion and willingness to forgive.
Israel has no choice in the matter. They are surrounded by enemies that have attacked them again and again. Markets have been bombed, coffee shops, schools... When Israel offers an olive branch, its shot out of their hand and innocent Israeli civilians die. When Israel offers an olive branch while holding a cannon in the other hand... well, that's another story. The Palestinians, terrorists and other bad guys have shown again and again that for every time Israel backs down, they will increase the attacks.