Quote:
Originally posted by Bartez:
Quote:
Originally posted by FlyFishingX:
it is becoming increasingly clear that most of you in that camp are either ignorant or anti-Semitic. My hope is with the former because that can be remedied.
Personally, I find your ignorance nauseating. But don't take my word for it, just answer these questions for us:

1. How many foreign languages can you converse in?
2. How many times have you travelled abroad? Where and for how much time?
3. Have you ever been to Israel, the middle east or any muslim country?
4. How many jewish and muslim close friends do you have?
5. Do you EVER read non-american media?
Woohooo! I'll play along, since I've been out of this thread for a while... What the heck was I thinking... First, I agree with the majority of opinions, here, and my initial impression way back on page 1 or 2 of this darn thing is no longer valid.

1. Define "foreign" language? Does that mean not my first language? Because if so, then technically english is my foreign language. But, since I don't use spanish on a regular basis (a few times a year, tops), and have been speaking English since I was about 4, I guess I should say english is my native language. I'm confused... I don't know how to answer the question. (Incidentally, my parents native language is english, and mine technically is spanish; we moved to Guatemala when I was a baby, and that's where I learned my first language, spanish.)

2. Not sure if this is completely correct, I may be missing one or two, but I've been to Nicaragua, Honduras at least 4 times (I've lost track), England, France, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Mexico, Canada, Guatemala, and Costa Rica. Will eventually get to the rest of the continents; just haven't found the time, yet.

3. Only muslim countries I've been to are African muslims, which are completely different than Arab muslims. Come to think of it, "Muslim" isn't a type of country; Arab is, Persian is, but Muslim is a religion, not a country. So really, nobody's been to a "Muslim" country before. It doesn't exist.

No, I haven't been to Israel, yet. I have no desire to get blown up on a bus ride by some sheet head with a grudge against my forefathers from centuries ago. (yeah, I'm jewish by blood. Bite me.)

4. Besides the famdambly? Umm, not many that I know of. We stopped having to wear those little star of david arm bands sometime around 1945 or so. It's damned hard to pick 'em out anymore. I mean, you can always look for the big noses, but seriously, some people might just be Indian (dots not feathers), or other, and not Jewish or Muslim. It's too hard to tell from just looking at someone.

5. Non-American media? Oh, you mean the media from all those other countries that have "Freedom of the Press" like Iran, North Korea, China, etc.? Nah. No thanks. Besides, we already established that I don't speak any foreign languages in #1, so how am I supposed to read "non-american" media? I can't even pick up a paper in Honduras when I'm there, and fill that bill, 'cause believe it or not, "America" consists of two continents, and a middle connector... Hell there's at least 4 major languages in the Americas (English, French, Spanish, Portugese) and I don't speak but half of 'em! Geez... I guess I should freshen up on my Swahili, so I can read some "non-american" media next time I'm in Africa.

[Finger]

editors note: going places, speaking other languages, reading translated versions of foreign media, doesn't mean you know shit about shit. I've done all that, and I'm dumb as a rock if you ask some of the people around here. So freaking what. If you post something stupid, like justifying the Hezbollah, then you're not nearly as "enlightened" as you think. You're just very poorly informed, or else you've been brainwashed from birth.