Let's just do something. Anything. It's expensive as hell and it's not working but let's just do it so we can say we're doing something. I put a band aid on a severed jugular. Blood is spurting everywhere because the victim is hemorrhaging but FUCK YEAH! I did SOMETHING !

What the fuck does it matter that there are different aspects and beliefs with Islamic fundimentalism? Don't the Shiits, the Sunis and the Sikhs and fuck knows who else hate all the Jews and Christianity? The only thing we have going for us now in that regard is that we are lucky enough that they are as splintered as they are.

Uhm, there are Asian , specifically Indonesian cells of al queda that have blown up clubs, hotels and resturants there. We have seen Islamic moticated African genocide. "War" and "terrorism" can be shown on many levels.

You stop one you still face the other.

Frontier, "the Crusades" stopped who exactly? Which Crusade are you talking about specifically? The first, second , third or fourth?

What's different? Oh, about a billion people or so. That and bow and arrows Vs. guns and bombs. And those guys with bow and arrows killing women and children and everyone else they could exterminate. Then there's the power of the papacy and the edicts presented by the vatican army and their ability to call to arms. The "world" in 1200 was a hell of a lot smaller than it is today.

But I digress.

Quite simply you had the Islamic empire that had borders and soldiers and guns. Again, you could put a finger on who they were. They weren't lurking in the shadows. That comparison is actually laughable actually.

I have yet to see anyone on this thread offer any solution short of kill 'em all and let god sort them out. I contend that it isn't our problem or gods.

The solution? Close up shop. Batton up the hatches and armor the walls. We have our friends and they have theirs. Severe restrictions on global trade, aid and tourism. You want to go to Egypt for vacation? Stay their because you can't come back. Iranian family? Pick a side. Go or stay. But once you are gone stay gone. We need to reduce the size of our world. We ahve the Us, Canada and Mexico if they want to be part of the team. And we keep European realtions and trade going along with China and the rest of Asia if they want to play ball. If not we take our ball and lock it up.

The rest of the world we bid "fuck off." They want to blow themselves up? Fine, have at it. Israelis want to immigrate to Wyoming, great we'll make a place for you . The weather is a lot nicer anyways. The rest of the shit, we isolate and ignore. Cut them off. No aid, no trade no oil purchases, nothing. We have enough oil with South America and Canada to make it work.

If it doesn't than we need to make a serious effort at conservation and alternative fuels. We are slaves to their oil because american corporations have convinced us that we need to be. We don't. How weathy and powerfull would the Saudis, the Iraquis and the Iranians be if they had no customers? Fuck'em.

Isolationism. This isn't 1956 and we should get out of the nation building business. It's not working and our CIA has done a shitty job of infiltrating these countrys and altering history. It's not going to happen with leaflets and assinations anymore. We protect ourselves the best we can. A big moat between here and Mexico and racial profile the shit out of every plane that lands from anywhere else but Boise.

We lock the doors, figure out how to answer our own customer service phone banks and eat our own oranges and rice and call it a day. Then we go to the U.N. , shake everyone's hand, wish them luck, bid them a good day and show them the door. It's been a lot of fun but from here on out you are on your own.

We'll be just fine thank you.