Quote:
Originally posted by ned946:
Moby,
You are asking about the process. It is what it is. It isn't easy to do though (if that is the implication). It has been tried 26 times before and has never made it to the ballot. But I'm not clear on your numbers. Where do you get them, please site your source? 49% 51% ....never heard that one before.

If Arnold wins, it would be by simple majority.

The thing about stats is they can be skewed any way you want them.
What I mean is, on the first ballot, the recall, say 51% say recall him, and 49% say keep him there. (Just theoretical percentages)

So it goes to a second vote. The second vote has what, some 150 odd people? He's not on that ballot. So let's say Arnold gets 25% of the replacement vote, and that's the winner.

So while 49% originally wanted to keep him, they couldn't vote that way in the second vote, because he's off the ballot. Yet 25% is enough for Arnold to win.

Like I said, I'm not familiar with the intricacies of the system there, but that seems odd to me (regardless of who is in office). They need to fix it so that anyone can be on that ballot, if they have the signatures, even the incumbant.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist