Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Quote:
Originally posted by ned946:
[b]Moby,
You are asking about the process. It is what it is. It isn't easy to do though (if that is the implication). It has been tried 26 times before and has never made it to the ballot. But I'm not clear on your numbers. Where do you get them, please site your source? 49% 51% ....never heard that one before.

If Arnold wins, it would be by simple majority.

The thing about stats is they can be skewed any way you want them.
What I mean is, on the first ballot, the recall, say 51% say recall him, and 49% say keep him there. (Just theoretical percentages)

So it goes to a second vote. The second vote has what, some 150 odd people? He's not on that ballot. So let's say Arnold gets 25% of the replacement vote, and that's the winner.

So while 49% originally wanted to keep him, they couldn't vote that way in the second vote, because he's off the ballot. Yet 25% is enough for Arnold to win.

Like I said, I'm not familiar with the intricacies of the system there, but that seems odd to me (regardless of who is in office). They need to fix it so that anyone can be on that ballot, if they have the signatures, even the incumbant.[/b]
Davis is on the recall ballot (as far as I know), so if 49% want to keep him - and they vote, then he gets to stay. Unless Arnold or that Bustamonte dude gets 49.1% of the vote, then Davis is out.

They are reporting that voter registation has increased and that the voter turnout for this recall election should break the records. At least that is a positive result from this chaos.

Another interesting tid bit, Hollywood has been staying very quiet with the whole "Arnold for Gov" stuff. You would think that some of his contacts down there, would be either saying something for or against him.