Ahh , that makes sense about being able to vote for a successor even if you don't vote for recall. But that successor is irrelevant if Davis get's his 51%+ on "NO Recall".

I might have voted to let him keep his job before he started ducking with the DMV renewals and announcing that he was not going to object to allowing illegal immigrants have driver's licenses.

I personally am voting for Peter Ueberoth. The guy turned the historically losing proposition of hosting an Olympics into a financial windfall for L.A and it didn't cost the taxpayers a dime. and he accomplished it stong relationships with business and their financial involvement. Then he was comissioner of baseball. How bad could an ex-comissioner of baseball be?

Although I really wish he didn't come out firing with his crazy tax amnesty plan as his solution for rebuilding the state's economy. His supply side economic theories are a little optimistic to say they least and it's making him look a little nuts.