Sigh...ok, for the record...I have suffered with Bipolar Disorder for the last 21 years. During that time I have been medicated with just about every Mood Stabilizer out there; Paxil, Prozac, Zyprexa, Lithium, ...you name it, I've had to ingest it. Fortunately, I have had an angel by my side (and NO, I don't actually believe in Heaven, Hell or god), namely my wife of the last 18 years.

When I am on the upswing (Manic-phase) she gives me a pad and pen to write, or a paintbrush and paint(housepaint, more often than not) to use my energy even if it is 3 am. When I an experiencing a trough (Depressive-phase) she keeps an eye on me and, if need be, rams my meds down my throat. The woman is on me like a hawk making certain that I go to my Doctors appointments and that my scripts are always filled. She doesn't do these things FOR me, she just (*cough*) gently reminds me to stay on top of these things.

My question is, how loving and concerned was this guys wife that she allowed him to be "off his medications"? Sure, she'll be portrayed as the caring, commited spouse in the courtroom during this "wrongful death" suit, but if she had been genuinely concerned for his wellbeing she would not have allowed him to travel with his medication. I lost my meds once on a trip and a visit to a local hospital emergency room, once they contacted my Psychiatrist back home, gained me a prescription for one weeks worth of my meds.

If I EVER got to the point of being a threat to others due to my condition, I hope that some level headed individual would do me the honor of putting me down.

'nuff said,

LandPirate