Quote:
Originally posted by PDXterra:
Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
[b]The reason we didn't have diagnoses for all of these "disorders" 50 years ago is because lil sh1ts that didn't behave got slapped, plain and simple.
Actually, bipolar disorder has been recognized by the medical community for over a century. Post WWII research (by those evil drug companies) created new and improved ways to treat the disorder.

Quote:
My wife and I won't even go to a resort that allows children because peoples kids are so damn spoiled, we can't stand to be around 'em.
Am I the only one that sees the irony here? You're going to a resort and then complaining that people there are spoiled?

Quote:
If you don't want to teach your kids how to behave, it doesn't bother me. Somebody hasta wash my truck and collect my garbage.
You're joking, right - I mean, this is a troll post, right? Did you just make a leap from bipolar disorder to low wage jobs? [Huh?] [/b]
Holy crap! You need to go back and read my post. Also read the quote to the post I was replying to.

Where did I mention bipolar? Admittedly, that's what brought us to the topic, but that's not what I replied to.

While we're on the subject of bipolar, however, I guess I will reply.

I've known a few bipolar folks in my life. They definitely had some problems. To this day, I still take issue with their lack of responsibility. Never, ever was anything their fault. It was always the fault of their condition.

Accountability, temperance and self-discipline all suffer whenever we tell people they can blame all of their mistakes on a disorder. Even if it's a real one.

Does a lack of self-discipline correlate to low-paying jobs? Absolutely.