Here where I work, we have a large network spread out over three different locations. One of our responsibilities is to change the server backup tapes every day. The woman who handles one of our locales constantly forgets to load the new tape. This wears on our administrator and he has had to write her up on numerous occasions because the problem has become an epidemic.

I , on the other hand, have not missed doing it for every day of the last six months. Yesterday we had a crisis that required much of my attention for the day. I was still able to take the time to change the tape. This morning I arrive at work, my administrator is there waiting for me. He tells me he has to write me up for failing to change the tape. It turns out I put the Thursday tape in instead of the Tuesday tape. I tell him it was an honest mistake and that I was in a hurry to get back and must have read the tape wrong. He tells me that because Irene (the woman from the other locale) has been written up, I need to be written up. Now I am fuming. I say look at the logs from the last six months, I havent missed one day. he says he still has to do it. Now I have to go through the hassle of disputing it in front of the board. FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad

rant complete