Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Quote:
Originally posted by mbflyerfan:

[b]Those sailors looked pretty damn happy to have him there. I didnt see Byrd squauking when Clinton went to Bosnia.
What part of this thread did you not fully understand. The point is not about a President visiting troops, it's about a risky photo op that cost tax payers, and an initial cover up from the White House. Funny, I don't Remember Clinton making a tailhook landing on an aircraft carrier...

:rolleyes: [/b]
Lets see... I seem to recall that there were something like 10,000 plus sorties flown off the deck of that carrier in the 10 months they were at sea without a single incident. It seems to me that safety was a non-issue. A million dollars is like $5.50 in government speak. I wonder how much it wouldve cost for Marine 1 to make the same trip. My guess is not much less. [Freak] :rolleyes:

-White House spokesman Ari Fleischer said though the ship was making unexpected good time to port Thursday, it would have remained offshore until its scheduled arrival Friday — even without Bush's overnight visit.

Navy Rear Adm. Stephen Pietropaoli said it's procedure for ships to arrive as scheduled out of courtesy for the waiting families: "They do a lot of planning, and you don't surprise them and show up (early) before moms and children get there."-

Quote:
Looks as if he was suspended from flying because he refused to take a drug test.
Your point? Does it change the fact he took the controls for a bit? Does it change the fact he knows what he is doing?