Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Quote:
Originally posted by mbflyerfan:

Lets see... I seem to recall that there were something like 10,000 plus sorties flown off the deck of that carrier in the 10 months they were at sea without a single incident. It seems to me that safety was a non-issue. A million dollars is like $5.50 in government speak. I wonder how much it wouldve cost for Marine 1 to make the same trip. My guess is not much less.
Don't you think a tailhook landing on an aircraft carrier is more risky than a helicopter landing? Did you notice that Bush [b]LEFT
in a helicopter? Why couldn't Bush have waited until the aircraft carrier was docked?[/b]
Sure I do Sean, and yes I noticed. Was it a good photo-op? Sure. Was it politically motivated? Damn right it was. But I honestly believe that it was also designed to be a testament to the skill and ability of the men and women that serve aboard the Abraham Lincoln. He was trying to say that these men and women do thier jobs so well that even the President should feel safe enough to put his life in the hands of these sailors. Anything to make them feel great about what they do is ok by me. Plus he probably assured himself of some more military votes. laugh