Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
That's some pretty good flag waving there, but like it or not, the stunt was risky. Bush could have thanked the troops just as well with the ship docked.
I think you and the Democrats are going to have a hard time convincing the vast majority of the American people that this visit to honor the troops was anything but that. It costs tens of thousands of dollars everytime the Prez takes off in Air Force One, but Clinton broke all Presidential records for jetting around in AF1. And as far as this "stunt" costing a cool million bucks, I've heard such honest politicians as Maxine Waters :rolleyes: quote the same figure in this manner. "Some analysts say that this stunt may have cost the taxpayers up to one million dollars." The Defense department, (who would have a much better grasp on the costs) says it was far less than that. And it really doesn't matter to a huge majority of Americans who thought that it was very appropriate for the President to honor the brave men and women of our armed forces.

I guess you anti-Bush types have no substantive arguments left so you have to resort to this kind of petty bullshit? laugh Bush has got the Dems in a panic. He has outSMARTED the Dems at every turn. YES, he outsmarted the very people who claim he's a dolt. What does that tell you?

As far as it being risky, I'd agree that the helicopter ride is far more dangerous. As far as thanking the troops dockside, Yeah... Instead of focusing on your families and friends, I want you to focus on ME, the president. Hmmm, sounds like something Clinton would have done.