Quote:
Originally posted by mbflyerfan:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
QUOTE]Some sort of anti-stain chromoly design? laugh
Then they would be worth $1000. laugh

They are designed not to shatter. In an explosion they are designed to break into heavy pieces so anyone around them can have a better chance of avoiding a shraptnel (sp?)type wound. The ashtrays and other things of that nature are expensive for the same reason. I guess the materials they need just cost more. laugh Consider yourself OWNED!!! laugh wink (I am kidding, I just always wanted to say that.) :rolleyes: laugh [/QB]
So, what exactly are they made of then? Seems to me, the plastic one in my bathroom wouldn't shatter - any kind of blast would just send it flying in one piece (ouch!). The toilet itself is another story.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist