Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Yeah PNUT....

I didn't hear about it until today. My area didn't get the power back until 2 AM in the morning.

It was pathetic considering her and her husband spent 8 years in the White House and did nothing but kiss environmentalist's asses. Yes we can blame our current situation on the environmental whackos...and Hillary (she may be the antichrist) does nothing but kiss up to these special interest control freaks.

There are a lot of problems with America's energy situation. George Bush is in no way the cause of it. Hillary and Bill had plenty of time to work on it and they actually contributed to the problem getting worse.
From what I gather, nobody in Washington is to blame, per se.

They were talking about it on the news, and they gave examples of what's wrong with the grid. To give Jersey cheaper power, they would have to upgrade in West Virginia. But people in West Virginia aren't willing to pay for something that they don't benefit from.

So, while the government could push (or force) them to upgrade, it's more like people not wanting to pay for it that has caused the grid to be in such a condition.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist