My Wrangler vs Xterra Conclusion:

It's not a pointless comparison per se. My research has lead me to understand that an Xterra can be modded to perform easily in the same ballpark as a Rubicon. Modding takes money. Depending on how hardcore you are, it can cost LOTS of money.

The point, I believe is for the Xterra to be able to take you anywhere on these offroad trails you want.

Now, I see lots of pictures where folks are doing lots of cool things with their cool little Wranglers. (and they ARE badass offroaders)... but, most of the time when you see crazy pics of hardcore articulation and the such they are off the beaten path... in fact, they are hardly ever showing pictures of themselves ON the path. They're busy crawling up a rock that they'll never end up on top of to get somewhere... They're just showing off how badass they can articulate... which they can... and that's cool.

It's just that... Xterras can too after some light to heavy modding... heck, you can even add a solid front axle and some "air lockers" (which i haven't researched much about yet) IF you're so inclined.

That being said... The Xterra has a surprisingly low insurance rate [ThumbsUp] ... Wrangler insurance sux ass [ThumbsDown] . The gas is much better in an Xterra [ThumbsUp] . It can tote WAY more (as we Alabamians say) [ThumbsUp] . It can TOW more [ThumbsUp] . It's safer [ThumbsUp] . It actually has a decent interior [ThumbsUp] ... not to mention it looks way smoother [ThumbsUp] ... AND it has more power (even though weight issues could be argued for the Wrangler).

Even the stock comparison is a valid argument for the Xterra being more capable... due to the really low transfer case. That would automatically cost you big bucks to mod and fix up if you bought a rubicon.

Near par without having ever really 4x4 offroaded? *grin*