And I'm not sure how you don't know of the options for the liberty. Even if it is a "unibody piece of shit", like you think, it still has a stronger aftermarket than the Xterra.

Proof positive, name 2 manufacturers of differential gears available for Nissan... Heck, name 1 manufacturer that isn't a division of Nissan...

I think the X is a great SUV, and a moderately capable offroader. Off the lot, it's just as capable as any other SUV that's "offroadable". That inclues the Wrangler, Libery, 4Runner, and any other SUV you want to discuss. I'll agree with you on that.

But if you're talking about aftermarket, then the X just plain isn't in the same league. And if you want to discuss the newest versions of each, then the X really misses out, because other than coil spacers, there's not yet a single manufacturer of a lift kit, for the '05 model Xterra. The 3 aftermarket companies for the X all say "Coming Soon".

But if I had a new model of the 4Runner, or if I had a Jeep Liberty or Wrangler, I could go out and take a pick from DOZENS of manufacturers of lift kits. Or gears. Or body lifts. Or body armor, etc. Like it or not, that's the way the market is.