Quote:
Originally posted by steelX:
and since your so much into definitions here are 2 more for you:

Main Entry: 1jeep
Pronunciation: 'jEp
Function: noun
Etymology: probably from g. p. (abbreviation of general purpose)
: a small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80-inch wheelbase, 1/4-ton capacity, and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II; also : a similar but larger and more powerful U.S. army vehicle.

Main Entry: sport-util·i·ty vehicle
Pronunciation: 'spOrt-yü-'ti-l&-tE-, 'sport-
Function: noun
: a rugged automotive vehicle similar to a station wagon but built on a light-truck chassis.

[Wave]
Exactly! That's why Car & Driver and Motor Trend don't do comparative road tests between ANY 4-Door SUV and the Wrangler. The Wrangler is not an SUV and most people don't refer to it as such. Even though the wikipedia page features a picture of a Wrangler, it's definition is contrary to that:

Quote:
sport utility vehicle

A sport utility vehicle (SUV) or off-roader is a type of passenger vehicle which combines the load-hauling and passenger-carrying capacity of a large station wagon or minivan with features designed for off-road driving.
Regardless of what someone's interpretation of SUV, I know enough to determine that an Xterra is a better trail rig for me. I keep listing the reasons, but all of the Jeep whores who never wheel keep "sucking off" the Wrangler.

You keep twisting my words, but if you go back you will see that everything I have said is true.

Jeeps are fine. But they require a lotta $$$ to become real hardcore rigs. Somebody who owns a modded Jeep is nothing special as they are ubiquitous.

I wheel with both Yotas and Jeeps. We all agree with one thing. The Xterra is the only new SUV worth modding.

Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
Jeff, STFU, you are embarrassing the rest of us...
Sorry, Ty. I don't take orders from people who live in fear of embarassment.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Adrian:
Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by Adrian:
[b]I would imagine that any unbiased person would realize that.......
????

Jeeps(CJ/YJ/TJ) have the best aftermarket support. I never disputed that.....[/b]
You DID.....[/b]
I disagree with everything except the color of your Xterra! laugh

Quote:
Originally posted by Xtoolbox:
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Mc:
[b]If you put equal dollars into an Xterra and a Rubi, the Rubi will......
.....Even if I were to buy used like I did with my X, stock rubis are like 16-17k and modified ones likes Neds old one go for 21k which is still double what I have spent. Plus then you don’t have the fun of actually building something as much or driving something that is more unique laugh ......[/b]
Jeeps, like Xterras need mods. It's all about how much of a sheep (or not) you want to be.