Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
Quote:
Originally posted by XMountaineer:
[b]........People always complain that "Jeep people" are a$$holes. Jeff, you're an "a$$hole" in this respect. Not all Jeep people are a$$holes just like not all Xterra people aren't......
Actually, I think this thread proves that many Jeepers are elitists and many Xterra owners are Jeep whores.

If you want to call me an a$$hole just because I mention facts, go for it.

The bottom line is that a highly modded Xterra (or Toyota) can hang with a modded Jeep no problem.

I'm not gonna just sit here and listen to that crap without presenting my side.

If you want to disagree with me, then retort. If you want to call me an a$$hole, then you're certainly no better than anybody posting the assonine sh!t in this thread.

[Huh?] [/b]
Jeff, other people are presenting facts too and you choose to ignore them.....example, a wrangler is a SUV.

I'm not about to get into a "pissing match" here and this is my last post in this thread.

I DO NOT DISPUTE that "The bottom line is that a highly modded Xterra (or Toyota) can hang with a modded Jeep no problem." Each has they're strengths and weaknesses.

The fact that I call you an "a$$hole" stems from the inability you to look past your Xterra. Remember, I am an Xterra owner as well. I have encountered a$$hole Jeep people while wheeling it. At the end of the day, they were impressed and recinded their comments. They learned to look past their Jeep.

Jeff, I am not a Jeep "elitist". I'm a Jeep "realist".

ALL, yes ALL 4 wheel drives (including the Escape) will handle offroad driving. To say, for example, that an Xterra is better offroad than a Liberty, that is asinine. If anyone can back up they're comments, then make them. Meaning, you've driven both vehicles offroad w/ the same mods or in stock form. Ok, so the Liberty doesn't have as much interior room......so when was the last time that you had the rear of your X COMPLETELY filled up, making use of all available space.....and how long was it filled to the brim....one drive? Everything that I have ever put in the rear of my X and had to fold the seat down, I would have had to do the same in the Liberty.

I have SEEN a NEAR STOCK GEO TRACKER out perform a heavily modded Xterra. And the Xterra driver is one of the best that I've seen. Strength v. weakness. So, am I now a "Geo elitist"?

[caps lock]I RESPECT ANYONE WHO TAKES THEIR RIG OFFROAD. EVERY VEHICLE IS INTENDED FOR A PARTICULAR BUYER.[/caps lock] You may ask, why buy a Wrangler when an Xterra is a much better choice?...or....Why would anyone compare these two?

I would take that as a compliment if I were an Xterra driver if they wanted to compare those two.....Why not compare it to the Liberty. The fact that they chose to compare the wrangler to an xterra shows something about taste....to me anyway.

edit: also in my last paragraph I "should" have said something other than comparing a "wrangler" to an Xterra. It goes for ANY vehicle....lets just say "4runner"