Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
*cough* ALR *cough*

.....you're being ignorant, so perhaps I should have said you're .......
Well, whatever.

Cuz all I said was:

Quote:

Jeeps do have some liabilities that I, for one, don't like.

Jeep: Dana 30/35 combo ====> shit
My Xterra: IFS (front)/ 33 spline, 4.90 9.25" R&P STOCK!

Jeep: Cheapo steering that breaks all the time (even in the rubis)
Xterra: Cheapo steering that breaks all the time

Jeep: Needs lift or spacers to fit 32" tires
Xterra: Fits 32's stock

Jeep: Short wheelbase, sometimes an advantage
Xterra: Medium wheelbase, sometimes an advantage

As somebody who wheels frequently, I can tell you that Jeeps break all the time. I see broken Jeeps about 1/4 times I run a difficult trail. I've pulled stuck Jeeps out of jams as have other Xterra owners.

Your opinion is a popular one, but I love my X. Once I put my D44 in front (& 35s all around), a rubicon will just be another "stocker" to me.......
Quote:
The bottom line is that a highly modded Xterra (or Toyota) can hang with a modded Jeep no problem.
Quote:
I don't care for Jeeps because of the short wheelbase, the lack of a decent interior, weak stock axles (non-rubis), and the lack of a decent place to sleep.

The Xterra is a better trail rig in 99.9% of scenarios. For trails that require more modification, theres plenty of mods available for the X.

Modding any vehicle is expensive. So why waste all your $$$ on a jeep just to be like everybody else..........
Quote:
Yes, my 33 spline 9.25" R&P axle (4.90 gears) is stronger than a Dana 44. D44 is still a decent axle, tho.
I think it's a fair assessment to say that the person being ignorant is the one commenting on posts they haven't read....