Quote:
Originally posted by Karlan:
Yeah.. I was talking about a specific stock Wrangler X sans locker... Not a Rubi, and not modified.. Sorry you missed that part?
No, I didn't miss it, I said just be glad he doesn't show up the the "off-road" version of the Wrangler. That's a fair statement since you have the "off-road" version of the X. Apples to apples, so to speak.

Quote:

(I consider the picture of your toys as 'modified' due to the lack of toy body, and it's hard to tell what's going on with the frame on your solid axle toy example)
It was a real simple dispay of an IFS versus a solid axle. The models are different brands, and are often compared in R/C forums. The IFS is very fast and handles great, but the solid axles on the other model allow it to articulate. Both vehicles are at their max front wheel lift, just before one of the rear tires lifts. Sorry if this was confusing. But if you don't understand the difference between what IFS is capable off-road compared to a solid axle, you will never understand that having 2" more clearance on an IFS means little since the solid axle vehicles can simple put a tire on a rock, and climb up and over it. You don't need massive tires and vehicle bodies WAY up in the air, if you can get the tires to stick, the suspension to flex, and just twist and climb over the trail.

And unlike you guys, I posted what a real STOCK Jeep can do versus a STOCK X. See my last post. Follow the links, learn about articulation. Gee, NOBODY had a comment on THAT topic??? Yes, it's hard to argue with actual numbers.

Quote:

.. Considering SAS and other mods, once you start modifying, a rig is a rig, IMHO. I meant no offense to Jeeps, they have great potential.
You're talking about a lot of money to get an X to an SAS. Since you jumped in this thread late, you probably didn't read the comments about COST VERSUS AVAILABILITY. Two niche aftermarket companies support the X, all the others, worldwide, support Jeep. Consequently, Jeep mods are cheap, readily available, and are easy DIY most times. I wish the X had this kind of support, but it never will. This is my 3rd new Nissan, and in the past 10 years, I've always been disappointed with the upgrades available.

Quote:

My real opinion about the topic:
DRIVE WHAT YOU WANT! <-- Maybe you missed that part, too?
Nope, but you did. Read ALL my posts in this thread. I've said the same thing. I've also said the X excelled at a number of things, but not everything.

Since you've hopped in late, and hijacked the thread, please allow me to post the original comment... Does anyone have real experience with either a Rubicon Wrangler or another Wrangler package AND with an Xterra so they can give a VERY accurate comparison?

Since I've owned both, and will likely own both again soon, I am qualified to respond to the original post. Are you? Or are you armchair quarterbacking it like some others? I put 32,000 on my 04 Wrangler last year. How 'bout you?

Quote:

Edit: So far, in your last few posts, you've replaced a Wrangler X with a Rubicon or better, and looks like you swapped Jeff's H1 with an H2, as well? You say 'H1', but you show 'H2'? -- just asking. smile (No offense intended -- it's just frustrating when people try to change what someone posted.)
No, I'm just screwing with Jeff. He likes taking pot shots, posting pics of Jeeps in bad situations. Read my other posts, you'll find that I shot back with other pics of Xs getting stuck and flipping over. Can happen to any of them willing to risk it.

But go back to the first post, read what he was really looking for. If you have any actual seat time in a Jeep, then speak up. Otherwise, well, it'll be taken as talking crap. wink

For Jeff, and others... you want a real comparison of the Jeep crowd versus the X crowd? Pick any of the many Jeep forums, look in their 4x4 type section, see all the 100s of threads. Come to our 4x4 forum, and read our pidly 14 threads on off-roading. frown

I love my X. I wouldn't trade it for my last Jeep, nor a new one. I look forward to having BOTH in my stable in the near future. Just don't kid yourselves into thinking the X does everything great, has no flaws, and is the best, out of the box, 4x4 there ever was, or you'll be very disappointed. [Huh?]