[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by FANOF5:
[b]
quote:
Originally posted by Claus A Christensen:
quote:
Originally posted by FANOF5:
What if we did not take down Saddam and he finished his weapons programs and used them, then Bush would have been skinned alive and blamed for the deaths that Saddam could have caused.I can understand why people do not agree with the Iraq issue, because yes, soldiers are still dying, but what else could we have done. Does anyone think that Saddam would ever had stopped doing what he did diplomatically?
well the issue is what excatly DID he do?. No WMD has been found the alleged solicitation of material from Africa was bogus...was it a "wag the dog" scenario?. hard to say, I would say so far this whoel mess has not shown any great results, the dictator is still loose, Terrorism is alive and well yet lives has been lost and every man woman and child in the US owed about $2000 due to this. Could the money have been spendt on homeland security?. Healthcare and the likes?.[/b]
good point. i am a little confused about owing the $2000 though confused [/b]
I'm assuming he's talking about the cost of this "war" to the taxpayers.
alrighty then. i guess were damned if we do, damned if we don't.

At this point, pretty much.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist