[rant]I always thought it was a mistake to bring up WMD, terrorist affiliation or any other "reason" to go to war with Iraq. Sadam constantly flaunted the U.N. resolutions that were in place at the end of the first Gulf War. All the U.N. ever did was put out more resolutions. The real mistake was waiting 11 years to do it. I'm suffering daily to make this happen and am still in harms way. I never fired a shot and spent the whole war in Kuwait, but I could just have easily been in Iraq like I was 11 years ago. We lost an ambulance driver and one of our OR techs had his wife wounded. I worked with her everyday in CA. It may be me next and even if I get killed all of this has been worth ending that regime. What did Syria do when they saw there was no bluff in our eyes? They invited,no begged, the U.N. to send inspectors. That's how it should be. We are the good guys here. We're not invading countries and annexing them. We should have invaded Liberia when the coup happened years ago. Liberia had a democracy based on our own. It was usurped by the guys with the guns. Still think our democracy is safe? It's not. It has enemies within and without. There are people who just don't like the fact that you are free. They want you to think and act like they do and if they can't force you to do it they're just as happy if you die. I'd prefer to die fighting the bastards. The number of people we are losing over here isn't much higher than what we lose in training accidents back in the States. That's another thing that pisses me off. Military members die everyday in training and everyone acts like it's no big deal. At least these guys are dying in an actual fight, not just getting ready for one.[/rant]