Quote:
Originally posted by Guido:

I would love to get a Titan, but Fords are much cheaper. I know everyone hates Fords around here, but I had fewer problems with the Explorer I had than with my X which I replaced it with. Those new F-150's look pretty nice.
I agree. No problems with my wifes 2003 Explorer so far (knock on wood), and I too think the new F150 is sweet. If the redesigned Explorer is any indication of what the new F150 is like, Ford will have another big winner. One just has to look around to see how many 2002-2004 Ford Explorers are on the road these days.

This year I drove from Cleveland OH to NY city, and I have to say driving the Explore was a complete joy, definitely the smoothest/quitest/easy to drive SUV I've ever drove (8 1/2 hours of driving with NO back pain!). I've stated before, I hope the Titan sells well, then Ford will have to bring back those rebates/low interest rates. They were practically giving away the Explorer 3 months ago. Even back in Feburary when we bought the 2003 XLT 4x4, I had no problem getting it at invoice, top dollar for our 2001 Honda CR-V trade, $2500 cash back, free third row seat, AND 3.9% interest for 5 yr.

Don't get me wrong, I still love my Xterra, but I'm glad we took the Explorer when we went to Ohio. I'm sure the Titan will be a solid truck and all, but I have a feeling they're going to want too much for it. In these days of a shaky economy and increasing layoffs, Nissan better not get too cocky when it comes to their vehicles.

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site