Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
actually....no, I am not kidding...I would rather that 1 million others die than 1 single American die...and therefore am perfectly willing to support any method that will kill as many of the enemy as possible with the fewest losses of life on our side--by the way...your proposed method is the same half-assed method that went on in vietnam for 12 years before we finally started carpet bombing their capital--INCLUDING CIVILIANS!! which brought them to the bargaining table hat in hand in a matter of a couple weeks!! Again...the methodology behind war is to kill as many of the opposite side as possible while at the same time losing as few of your side as possible...and I can think of no weapon that accomplishes that task any more effectively or quickly than a tactical nuke...
You're an idiot.

They came to the bargaining table hat in hand, eh? I guess that's why we see this picture (helicopter on Embassy):

The North Vietnamese ignored the cease fire when we started pulling out. What makes you think it would be any different in Iraq?
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist