While I do not agree with spalind on the nuke part, I do agree that we are being way to fucking nice over there. 8 soldiers wounded by a mortar attack and our guys couldn't return fire because the mortar came from a "residential" area....

The situation is now fucked over there. Nothing we do will be the "right" thing. civilians are a casualty of any conflict, and maybe the iraqi people would start to "actively" try and prevent their insurgents from planning these attacks if we weren't so "careful" on what gets destroyed and who gets killed in the process of taking out the insurgency......

If your buddies are planning an attack and you know the outcome of that attack is not going to affect you one way or the other, you will probably not get involved. If you know that the "enemy" will steam roll your neiborhood because of any attack, you may actually try to prevent one from happening.

You cannot tell me that a good portion of Iraqi people do not get wind of impending attacks on coalition forces. They don't tip anyone off because they are still more afraid of the iraqi forces then ours, Or their hearts are truly behind the insurgents (I think this is the case). We need to make them more afraid of our forces then the insurgents....