Originally posted by spalind:
...we will all just have to agree to disagree on the point of wether we should have just premptivly nuked Iraq...I am heartend however to see that most of you support the troops and desire and end to regimes like Saddams, though I cant agree on the "blood for oil" opinions of some....

I totally support our troops. It's the idiots in Washington who send them off to die for no good reason that I have a problem with. Oh, and people who imply that questioning the war in Iraq means you don't support the troops.

If you disagree about us being far more involved in places that just happen to have massive oil reserves, how about explaining why we aren't out there stopping every murderous dictator?

To answer the post about military service, I was in the Naval Reserve from '92 to '00 and never got close to combat, but my father was Army infantry in WWII...made 3 amphibious landings (Guam, Philippines, Okinawa) and twice earned the Bronze Star for valor. He also saw combat during two tours in the Korean War. He didn't like to talk about his wartime experiences.