Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:

HAHA, you just said it, equal rights for everyone. Therefore, there should be no "hate crime" laws written. Being gay doesn't justify you having special laws written.
I don't like women with tatoos across their back, should they be supported under the hate crimes law if someone did something evil to them?
Let me quess, you're off the med's today. How did "hate crimes" get into the conversation? Homosexuals want EQUAL rights, meaning they want the states to reconize their marriage, and be eligible for the benefits that straight couples receive. As for hate crimes per se, are you saying no additional penalty should be given to someone who kills because the victim was black, Jewish, or gay?[/QB]
It isn't a right to be married. It isn't a right to have benefits. These are all privileges. And yes, gays are covered under the hate crime laws. I am not covered under such laws. Where is the equal rights you were talking about?

Why should the states recognize their marriages? It is the vast majority of the population that thinks choosing to be gay is immoral. The needs and wants of the many outweigh the needs and wants of the few, unless you are a liberal.

All men are created equal. It is what you do after being created that brings about deserves and deserves nots.