Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
And yes, gays are covered under the hate crime laws. I am not covered under such laws. Where is the equal rights you were talking about?
Yes you are. Religion. (*note* - I don't disagree that hate crimes might be getting a little out of hand. Murder is murder, regardless of who the victim is. Along the same lines (and I might get flak for this), why does someone who murders a police officer made worse than someone who murders a civilian? I'm not saying they shouldn't...but doesn't this belittle the common citizen who was murdered?. Just a thought.

Quote:
Why should the states recognize their marriages? It is the vast majority of the population that thinks choosing to be gay is immoral.
That is highly suspect. The *vast* majority? I'd say a large number (maybe not a *vast* majority) don't have issues with other people being gay. Sure, they are afraid of it...but they also know it's not their lives.

Quote:
All men are created equal. It is what you do after being created that brings about deserves and deserves nots.
That's all fine and dandy. But since when was it up to *you* to decide who deserves and who doesn't?
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist