Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:

the Gay rights issue is complex...
I'm not singling you out Todrick... This goes for everyone. WHAT THE FUCK IS SO COMPLEX ABOUT THE "Gay rights" ISSUE!?? Gays should have the same rights as the rest of us. And they do. The problems come from people who think, for instance, that companies should be forced to provide health coverage for partners of gay employees. I don't believe the government should be forcing companies to insure anyone! It should be the decision of the board of directors. If gays don't like it, they can find jobs at Disney.

Other problems come from the fact that gays cannot marry in many states. There are a variety of reasons why this makes perfect sense. Marriage can change your tax bracket, people (straight or gay) could "marry" to work the system and gain access to each other's social security benefits, medical benefits. There is a much greater chance of fraud.

Santorum's comments had more to do with privacy than with homosexuality. He basically said that if two people consent to having sexual relations, and they do so in the privacy of their own home, and if the "right to privacy" supercedes all other rights, than legally, you can't punish anyone for sexual relations such as incest, polygamy, etc. Its a fact, not his opinion. Where his opinion comes into play is when he talks about "not liking the behavior." I don't see anything wrong with his remarks. I have several homosexual friends and relatives... they are great people. I DON'T like to think about the mechanics of their lovemaking because it disgusts me. Am I bigotted?
No... not really, I really don't like the whole poop chute idea in heterosexuals as well. [Freak] Yukky poo!