Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckH:
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:

I think it is totally fucked up to allow them to adopt children and introduce kids to this environment. Is that fair to children? Of course not. They are starting life out with additional baggage over their heads. Would they choose to live in this environment if they were able to make the choice themselves? I would think not.

The notion that gay men live in stable monogomous relationships is pure bullshit and gay agenda propaganda. A very tiny percentage might. The majority do not.
I think any child would be happy to grow up in a loving environment whether gay or straight. Do you think these children would be better off with their biological parents who could be abusive, neglectful, or worse? I'm going to tell you right now that probably just about any same sex couple would make much better parents than half of the straight parents out there!

Are you suggesting that most straight people are monogomous relationship oriented? I doubt it! Sluts come in many different flavors; man, woman, straight, gay, black, white, blue, dog...!!![/QB]
Studies have shown that children being raised by gay couples may be better adjusted and capable than those raised by straight couples. For one thing they don't have various gender roles (often conflicting) being forced on them. By roles I mean stereotypically masculine or feminine traits/tasks.

Of course I also saw a study that showed the children raised by gays were more likely to be involved in backlashes against that culture because of treatment they received outside the home growing up...I guess you'll always find what you're looking for with regards to studies (depending on who funds/supports them).

Most of the family values that we take for the "norm" don't exist, they were a creation of the post WWII period that enabled all the returning men to enter the workplace again (displacing all the women that were quite happy to hold those jobs while they were gone...). Basically what we all take as the model family does not exist except in 10% of households and the dynamic is changing rapidly.

Sensitivity is important in any relationship...
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'" --Bob Newhart