Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
2001Frontier....

In your scenario... If a gay man applies for a job..how does anyone know he is gay unless he is advertising this fact?

One of the problems that gays have is they define themselves entirely because of their sexuality (and deviance...alright I said it).

They wear their gayness on their sleeves. Maybe if they stopped defining every aspect of themselves by this more people would be willing to accept them as individuals... not a lifestyle.

The special legislation they want is wrong. They already have the same rights as anyone else. They want their "lifestyle" rights.
Ding, ding, ding!!! NY Madman you hit it right on the head here.

If you want to be gay, fine (not really). But why do they always have to go around flaunting it? Keep it in the closet I say. You don't see normal heterosexual people going around saying, "I am straight! I am straight!".

Maybe more people would be willing to accept them if they stopped flaunting it? Stop with the gay parades and whatnot. I don't see heterosexual parades, do you?
It is kinda like minorities, if the they would just STFU and stop wanting EVERYTHING handed to them for free (i.e. affirmative action, welfare), maybe, just maybe, the rest of society would give them some slack.

Gays should not be entitled to special rights. Marriage is for a MAN and a WOMAN, not a man and a man or a woman and a woman. It is not "normal". It is not human nature to be gay. You do not see homosexuality in the animal world. We are just on top of that world.

For all you that claim people are "born" gay, I don't buy it. There is no proven "gay" gene. Homosexuality is a condition, if you will, a product of your environment. You mean to tell me a baby is born "gay"? Um, I doubt it.

For all the people who are going to say I am homophobic, I don't care. I have nothing against gay people persay. I just don't agree with that lifestyle; it is not normal. I have worked with two gay guys before. I have no problems with them. If they can do their jobs who cares, be gay. I just don't want/need to see them flaunt it. Would I go hang out with them in a gay bar? Probably not. But you won't see me in Harlem watching a basketball game either. It is just reality folks.

Stone