Quote:
Posted by CharlieX:

Most of the family values that we take for the "norm" don't exist, they were a creation of the post WWII period that enabled all the returning men to enter the workplace again (displacing all the women that were quite happy to hold those jobs while they were gone...). Basically what we all take as the model family does not exist except in 10% of households and the dynamic is changing rapidly.
You are saying there were no normal family values prior to WWII?

"This statement sounds like it was written by an angry feminist. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

You did say you were back in college. Are you taking any college courses taught by feminists?

A guy your age should be less impressionable."

impressionable? No not really. I was referring to what happened *historically* and is happening right now. The world is changing and there is absolutely nothing your rigid beliefs and closed mind can do about it. Keep spewing though, it is very entertaining laugh

Sensitivity is important in any relationship...
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'" --Bob Newhart