I like the concept of the Do Not Call List, a friend in Indiana, which has a state run one, says he gets NO calls whatsoever. BUT with that said I do understand that someone is likely to lose their job if no one is allowed to call anyone. But when I get that call, and the person on the other end is being pushy and is fighting with me and just saying they are going to sign me up after I said no, that's when my compassion goes out the window. If the telemarketing industry wants us to take their calls maybe they should clean up their act and be civil to me and all my fellow annoyed consumers!

Oh and to be honest, I don't believe for a second that some telemarketer that is probably is making minimum wage is going to make the effort to take my number off their list when I ask. The only way to make it stick is to get their name, the name of the company, the time of the call, the name of the person calling and then you have to monitor every telemarketing call afterwards to make sure they don't call back, and if they do THEN you have to figure out how to report them. So then they get a fine, ok maybe up to $11,000, which is the new amount, (I don't know what it was before Oct. 1) YES a lot to you and I, but to a BILLION dollar industry I bet they don't bat an eye at that kind of fine.

http://midwestxterraowners.com/