Quote:
Originally posted by Admin:

Third - Those plates may be big on the Pathfinder side of things (as some have said) but when was the last time you saw a Pathfinder really do any serious offroading?
Carlton, that has to be the most asinine thing I've ever seen you post. Ever seen pics of an AZ Run? We have about 6-7 in the group that regularly hit the 4+ trails in IFS pathfinders right along with the SAS'd trucks. The 1st gen Pathy's have a far superior rear suspension compared to an Xterra, and are more capable right out of the box because of it. The front ends are a push. Approach angle is also better on a Pathfinder.

As for the mounting points, yes, I see the point on that. It would be very easy, however, to drill a few more holes and mount them just like the Skid Row plates are mounted.

As for rolling the edge, yes, that does add strength, but there are guys here running 3/16" sheet steel without a rolled edge as skids that have held up well under the full weight of the vehicle on rocks. There is some deformation, but it usually comes right back. Arizona has more rocks than Minnesota smile

I don't see that as a major issue, and I'm sure that's one of the things that keeps the price down on these.

XOC can be run how you see fit same as N4W can be run however my wife and I see fit. All I'll say there is remember back in the days when no one was making any parts for Nissans and how much we all wanted more players in the game to introduce competition and better pricing. We can be critical of designs and point out the weaknesses, but simply running them off isn't helping anyone.