Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Should we fuck the moral high ground? I don't know.
That was my whole point - neither do I know.

Quote:
I wasn't aware there was a lot of morals left in this country. Especially amongst those that constantly criticize the war on terror. I guess morals only count when the treatment of those that would kill us in a heartbeat comes into question.
But if morals are lacking here, and Bush is going to bring them back...?

Quote:
Regarding these guys who kidnap businessmen in South America.... You can't compare them to the Middle Eastern terrorist organizations. Is that what you are doing....equating groups of paramilitary thugs who kidnap for ransom to Middle Eastern terrorist organizations?
No, I was just giving an example of how one entity fought back.

Quote:
The guys in Gitmo are not POW's.
So are they civilians?

Quote:
Personally, I think the scum we have in Gitmo should have been killed in the field. They should never have been brought to a U.S. base in North America... or anywhere else. Upon release they will just go back to terrorist business as usual.
This I don't disagree with. Either eliminate them, or let them rot with no chance of getting out. But don't they deserve a trial (no, I'm not suggesting a civilian court trial)?

Quote:
You're not too much of an apologist for America's enemies are you?
Not quite sure where you pulled that one from. Please explain.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist