Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
In every debate on here you always try to look for some way to defend the worst elements of our world.... most especially enemies of America. You may think you are playing devil's advocate but it often does not come across as such.
When have I ever tried defending Saddam? Questioning our government's policy is not defending Saddam.

Quote:
You rarely argue on the side of your own country in any debate. You go out of your way to portray your own country wrong on most issues...especially foreign policy debates and also our handling of terrorism.
I portray Bush's actions as questionable. Did not you question Clinton's decisions? So therefore, neither one of us believes that whatever the President does represents the "country."

Quote:
Such is the case with Islamic terrorists. They issue tapes or threats on an almost daily basis yet you see your own country as the primary problem. Maybe you have a problem with the fact that we are doing anything about it at all. You seem like one of these leftists that always view their own country as the problem regardless of the behavior or actions of any foreign elements. You definitely come across as an apoligist for the enemies of America. I guess you don't even realize it. You only change your tune when challegened. I only know what you post. But I do know you are anything but a moderate on most important issues and terrorism is the most important issue of our times.
I'm sorry...you must have me mistaken for someone else. I have never defended or justified anything that terrorists have done. I have never said, "we are wrong, we shouldn't do this..." I usually post something questioning what we ARE doing. "Is it the right thing?" If you think I have posted something that says we are wrong or terrorists are justified in ANY way, please post what I said.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist