Quote:
Originally posted by Weasel:
Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
[b]You seem to be typical of these moron's it seems Weasal. Calling us fundis even though at least two of the people in this thread arguing with you aren't religious in the least. :rolleyes:
Annoying and stupid isn't it?

Kinda like calling anyone who dissents with the government a "traitor and communist"[/b]
You dont understand the difference do you? You feel that these people should be able to say whatever they want regardless of the truth or the effect. You dont see, or more likely dont care, about the effect these words and sometimes lies have on the country and the influence they have on our enemies.

I am sure you believe we are the evil hegemonic imperial empire who sole purpose is to take over the world for their oil and resources. How you can come to that conclusion is still beyond me. But you saying it gives ammunition to these extremists that want to kill us. That your side cant see it leads me to believe that either you are ignorant and easily influenced by propaganda, or that you really want to see us be injured and humiliated on the world stage.

It amazes me that you cannot see the correlation between the two, as if our enemies never watch our news and never use what is said to rally those to fight against us.

We dont want the government to prevent you from saying it, we want you to take responsibilty for what you say. The first ammendment should never enter into it.

I see it like this:

Would you air all your family secrets and problems at the local televised council meeting?

My country is my family and my home. Thats the difference between us. I dont share my families business good or bad with the rest of the nieghborhood. Inside my house I will protest vociferously. As soon as I know the nieghbors are listening I quiet down and whisper.

You dont have to agree with that point of view, but thats how we see it.