Oy...

Look at it this way: Michael Moore took different videos of Condoleeza Rice and spliced them together to create a speech that never happened. In part of it, her blouse blatantly changes color, but people did not notice. It would be very easy for foreigners to get footage of a violent protest and say "You see, the Americans are dissenting. Soon there will be civil war and we are on the path to victory!" Its not that protestors are aiding terrorists, its the violence that aids propagandists.

All it takes is an idea; remember the hubub that came up when someone (Charles Rangel, NY-D) proposed a draft bill? Despite Bush (and many other prominent republicans like McCain) saying "there is no need for a draft, the all volunteer army works" people kept on believing it. Even just a few weeks ago I heard some woman on NPR talking about how she forced her kids to file for Canadian citizenship.

Its not the facts, its how people choose to view the facts. In this case, people who hate our country (not referring to protestors) want to use these facts (I mean video footage) against us. They easily can.

Side note: I've been to church once in my life. It was for my great uncle's 88th birthday/family reunion which I drove 6 hours to see. If that makes me a fundimentalist, then whoopty, break out the bread and wine.