I try to stay away from these discussions because everyone believes what they believe, and that will not change. However, do not equate these statements:
Quote:

- Yelling fire in a theatre

- Calling Bush Hitler

- Saying that it is a war for oil

- Saying that Sadam[sic] needs to be released

- Saying that if a dictator provides food for his people, then they like that dictator

- Saying that it is Bush's fault that Iraq is a terrorist breeding ground

- Burning the flag and stomping on it
The first of them causes an immediate threat to the safety and well-being of everyone in the immediate area. The rest are opinions, and nothing more. You may agree with all, some, or none of them. You may or may not think they are "harmful to the country" or "giving aid to the enemy." That is not at issue. What is at issue is that what makes the United States different than the rest of the world is that we CAN say those things. We are free to express our opinions in a manner free from restriction from our government. We are free to hold an opinion that our government has done wrong, and not have to fear the repercussions. Yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theater is not stating an opinion...it is merely inciting public disorder with no conceivable positive result. That is why such exclamations are excluded from the "freedom of expression" definitions.

I think we should encourage everyone who wishes to do so to express their opinions...but just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make you or them right or wrong, and this petty namecalling lowers what began as a debate centered on issues to a childish shoving match.

I'm done. Let the shoving resume.