You are right, I did voluntarily subject myself to the Army which was one of the greatest things that I have done; it gave me morals, values, education, and a beautiful family. I did NOT bitch about rucking with a 50lb ruck in 110 degree weather, do not put words in my mouth (you will regret it) what I said was that YOU have no idea what is going on over there, think about it, you sit here smugly talking about the war but you are not in it. You ask why the Soldiers are still in Afghanistan and blame it on Bush, so based upon your theory President Roosevelt is to blame for our military presence in Germany? or that President Truman and President Eisenhower are to blame for our military presence in South Korea? Our troops will not be returning home in the near future, both Afghanistan and Iraq will eventually have permanant military bases in each of the countries. To add to your dismay, the soldiers that come on orders for these bases will face hostile forces for years to come (even though fighting has ended) much like the situation in Kosovo. Think about that before you turn to point the finger at the president. You may argue that he went to that country first because of a bias brought on by his fathers involvement but, if you had a public "jihad" announced on you, thousands of your people killed in a hienous attack, and a dictator claiming responsibility for it all (from the country of Afghanistan) wouldn't you seek revenge? Then you began to speculate that the weapons of mass destruction are indeed not there; all I said was that it doesn't matter if they were there or not, what mattered was that President Bush has a set of balls and went into a country looking for them, not that he waited to see if Suddam was bluffing and get caught by surprise.

Oh and I could care less about your gratuity, I do what I do because I want to not because I demand respect (give that shit to the police and fireman.) Oh and congratulations to your father, that is a great feat to retire from the service, that is not you though so do not hide behind his record. If he supports the Soldiers but not the war then he too is in fact has problems.