Like I said, the sword is mightier than the pen (or #3 pencil, as it were) in this administration.

Fuck yes; there are reasons to go to war. I'd love to track down the national connections and affiliations of the 18 terrorists originally from Saudi Arabia that slaughtered thousands of our countrymen. Now that's a place to impose the LAW, open up a 50 cal and scramble the 16’s. Wherever that may be.

I'd love to see us focus on finding Osama Been Asshole. Maybe 175000 of the best fighting troops in the world could do the job better than 10000 (and certainly better than "letting the Afghanis handle it"). Instead, our deployments are too heavy in a second-rate sandbox. What the hell are we doing now -- imposing elections??? Hm, in 2001 we had 67% of the country under a "no fly zone". And we attacked to…impose elections? Is it really better now? We had Saddam in a tight little chastity belt. He was our bitch. Now, well, we will see what uncontrolled scum surfaces. And we will also sadly see a lot more American blood flow. Imposed from DC by a leader who has never been to war. However, I bet as a Yale cheerleader, he had a nasty scuffle with a Harvard boy at least once.

And, yes war sucks. It's everywhere. We cannot be the world's police. But based on that bizarre inaugural speech, we're gonna light it up all over. The leader of my country has made an urgent pledge spread freedom to "the darkest corners of our world". What the hell? Freedom is not Country Crock. It is not a product; it is an ideal, an attainable one that CANNOT BE IMPOSED.

If we had direction at a national level that was even marginally capable of creating a world consensus we might be able to solve some of these problems. Solve them without numerous dead from home and across the world and without many of our youth coming back looking like Civil War vets, padding forth missing an appendage or two.

Clinton was marginal at best. Bosnia helped cover up his fellatio follies. But, how about that, a concerted effort to help people that weren’t oil-rich? Wow. Oh, yeah, they are white over there, tho.

Let’s consider some other major human rights violators: Indonesia, Haiti, Iran, Syria, Cuba, Tunisia, China and North Korea. There’s lots of internal oppression, torture and slaughter in all those countries. Saddle up ladies and gents, there's a lot of freedom to impose. And be sure to get ready for a draft that won't be televised on ESPN.