Quote:
Originally posted by mi_what:
Has there been an attack on home soil since he waged the war? only common sense would tell you that since we've had this war on terrorism (which Bush executed) America has been free of attack. I mean when the USS Cole was Bombed and 17 Sailors died, did president Clinton go after the attackers (which were linked to al-Qaida)? No, he didn't. Then just a little under a year after that the World Trade Centers fell, here is a timeline:

Oct 12, 2000---Sep 11, 2001---Oct 7,2001
USS COLE-----WTC Attacks-----Bush attacks
_______|____________|_________|

After that NOTHING, so based on analysis of past events and information I can be safe in my assesment that the war will not come to the home-front. (that and it is also 2005 and since 2001 there haven't been any attacks kinda give me ground to stand on)
I find it amusing how people think that since there hasn't been an attack inside the U.S., Bush has been successful. What makes you think they've planned anything in that time? What happens when it DOES happen again? Does the excuse then become, "Well, it was X number of years of prevented attacks...something was bound to get through, 'cause the government isn't going to be able to get *everything*."?
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist