Quote:
Originally posted by Lincoln:
Quote:
Originally posted by electrobuzz:
[b]The Cole incident sucked. I had a friend that left that ship a month earlier. While it was a shitty attack on the US -- it wasn't an "attack on US soil".
How the fuck can you sit there and say, "While it was a shitty attack on the US -- it wasn't an attack on US soil." Who gives a fuck where they were. It was an attack on a US Naval Vessel and it killed American service people. That is an attack on America, no matter how the fuck you look at it. An attack on our military is an act of war.

Clinton had the chance to avenge the Cole and her lost sailors, and he didn't. I was in the Navy during that period and was stationed in Norfolk (the Coles homeport). We couldn't believe that we didn't do more about that tragedy.[/b]
Amen to that. [ThumbsUp] It's like we broke out a giant broom and just hoped everyone would forget.

My statement was a direct response to MI's commentary about "attacks at home" and specific infiltration of terrorists within our borders.
Shit, what did Reagan do about the two attacks, killing 300, in Beirut 1981? Reagan's reaction was to withdraw American forces, an act that Osama bin Laden later pointed to as an example of American cowardice. That sucked too.