Quote:
Originally posted by electrobuzz:
Um, InfinITE. Did you look at the link? Acts of terrorism under Carter -- one. By Puerto Rico! Carter was a peace broker, a diplomat, a military man who served overseas with distinction and one the world could respect. Acts under Reagan -- 18. You tell me what he did about terrorism, besides turn tail and run? Acts under HW Bush - zero. Again, a diplomat, a pilot who was in the big war, a man the world could respect.

Regarding "blame". Have you read anything I've written? [b]Yes let's get the shitbags that attacked us.
We're kicking the crap out of the the wrong freaking country. Besides, we already had Iraq under our thumb. Let's track down the origin of the terrorists who flew into the Trade Centers and attack there, shall we?[/b]
A. I was not refering to an attack that occured while Carter was president. Guess you were sleeping in history class on the day he let Islam go to shit, and screwed Iran over, thus throwing Islam into the shit bucket, and allowing radical clerics to gain control.

We could go on about how he catered to the needs of Arafat, and Castro and allowed them to flurish, or how he cratered the American economy.

How about his dealings with N.Korea, yup he hleped them get to where they are today.Jimmy Carter signed a treaty with the North Koreans in the early 1990’s, by which they agreed not to develop such weapons on the condition that the United States give them the very materials and technology to do so.

The C.I.A. under Carter helped to re-establish Somoza's army as a terrorist force against the people of Nicaragua. These "contras" assassinated social workers, doctors and civilians, burned crops, and tried to exterminate any possibility of social reform that the Sandinistas created.

Carter continued to arm Indonesia's army dictatorship as well as give diplomatic support (vetoing U.N. resolutions to end the atrocities in the former Portuguese colony). This war has killed more than 200,000 East Timorese, making it the worst genocide relative to population since World War II. Carter did nothing to pressure General Suharto (Indonesia's chief of state) to end the war. He was an ally and major supporter of the Indonesian military's repression of its own population, as well as the slaughter of the East Timorese people.

Carter declared his support for the Shah of Iran-despite the rampant torture practiced by the Shah's secret police.

Carter secretly supported the genocidal Pol Pot government ousted by Vietnam in 1979.

In retrospect, Carter’s much-ballyhooed “Camp David Peace Accord” yielded as much as anything ever agreed upon by Neville Chamberlain and Hitler.

Carter presided over the most important foreign-policy failure in the last quarter of a century.

But hey, its not like he is linked to the oil for food scam.....oh wait, he is...

As for Ronald regan...hahahaaaa.. you have got to be shitting me? Do you hear anything out of Lybia any more?

BTW: I have served in tow "wars".... Jimmy Carter is nothing special, they question is.. have you done any time in the military?

B. Why should we only go after the terrorist who attacked us on 9/11... should we just let other terrorist that pose a threat go free? Oh thats right, we have to wait until they kill Americans before we can do anything... [ThumbsDown]