InfX -- True, true - namecalling gets us nowhere.
And, hey, in regards to you -- I called ya chief yesterday generically. I didn't want to really potentially insult you and call you "sir"! [Wave] And MI, thanks for serving, bro. I know the hierarchy of the military doesn't allow for extensive freedom of thought, nor should it, but watch and openly consider what's going on - please. And see how all of us are being deluded by flowery words and icons. I'll do the same from here.

Bottom line, Iraq was already under our control. I understand Karbola yielded some nasty stuff. As I understand it, that had a short shelf life and a limited range of effect, compared to what was pitched to the UN in early 2003. Regardless, freakin' kudos to Delta company for finding it! How about the "mushroom cloud" that Condi and Bush said could come forth from Iraq? Mmm...yeah. All of this expense, effort and loss was hardly worth attacking a country that was already crippled.

Again, I am saying the cause and effect relationship between the Iraq war and the lack terrorism by foreigners on our soil is weak. 93-01 saw no foreigners attack. 8 whole years! No war. Just think how much better it could be if we addressed the real killers?

InfX, you are doing your best with what you got over there. And for all the folks that say you signed on, well you did -- and war/rescue/whatever goes with the territory. I left after 8 years (10 years ago) -- who knows, I might still get called.
But no one expected 18 month deployments only to return and go back for another 18. The stress on American families is ridiculous. The loss of wages by Reservists is untenable by many. And all of this was determined by a sniveling little fuck who snorted coke and rode on Mommy's apron strings when his time to serve came up. He's too weak to fight and clearly too weak to think.

Bottom line, this war is entirely based on lies. Unless you go with the current reason being spouted (look for version 4.3.2 soon!) And Bush is looking for more conflict, errrrr opportunity to bring freedom. As I've said: we cannot be the world's police. But based on that bizarre inaugural speech, we're gonna light it up all over. The leader of my country has made an urgent pledge spread freedom to "the darkest corners of our world". What the hell? Freedom is not Country Crock. It is not a product; it is an ideal, an attainable one that CANNOT BE IMPOSED.

The inaugural speech seemed more fitting for a 30's German Beer Hall. We need to push for balance in '06. Impeachment proceedings after that, based on the WMD fiasco. To state a false, fraudulent or unfounded report to Congress is a felony. And maybe then we can find the real assholes that attacked us!

Amen, Dig, that is what I am saying. Let's open it up. Let's go for the real killers, probably the Saudis. Not some castrated dictator who couldn't even hide himself.

EDIT:
Can we please consider things beyond 0 and 1? conservative/liberal? black/white? christian/muslim? left/right? The world has never been that simple. Generally, breaking it down to that is what leads to war.

And inapplicable statements come from that, infinITE. Let's see, in 5 elections, I voted republican twice, democrat twice and independent once. I actually thought about what was best for my situation and my country. Hey, what say we shoot for a new buzzword? THINK!