Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Quote:
Originally posted by InfX708:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by electrobuzz:
[b] 93-01 saw no foreigners attack. 8 whole years!
Depends on your definition of U.S. soil. I consider US soil to be, as most people around the world, any locations within the geographical US, military installations, and diplomatic facilities. That said, there were were at least 10 incidents that meet the above criteria. There were several more involving either direct attacks on U.S. citizens or at random. I counted at least 2 within the geographical confines of the US - one was a Palestinian shooting people at the Empire State Building and one was letter bombs sent to a NY newspaper from Alexandria.[/b]
Let's see...

1986 - Berlin Disco.
1988 - Lockerbie.
1993 - Shootings outside CIA Headquarters (5 days into Clinton's Admin)

So why didn't Reagan and Bush 41 do enough to prevent anything?[/b]
I never said there were no acts of terrorism during those administrations. Some of the car combings in the middle east at that time that were done by radio control could have been prevented had the advice of a few SEALs been heeded. They wanted to install transmitters on the various US buildings that would broadcast across the spectrum and detonate the bombs before they reached their target. The liberals didn't want to have bombs going off around civilians and so they nixed the idea. And why do you think that acts of terrorism can be prevented? They can't be. There are always going to be individuals who think they can change national policy by attacking citizens. The best you can hope for is to make the price of supporting these non-state actors too high. Libya felt it in '86, Afghanistan felt it in '01, Iraq in '03. Just as Japan realized it went one step too far in '41, perhaps those supporting terrorism will realize the consequences of pushing us.