Quote:
Originally posted by Conundrum:
Twinge that nerve again? I didn't know I was pro-life and I guess I'm somehow now in the know on what the latest rant is. Interesting. Hey, if choice was instituted a year earlier, most likely I wouldn't be here.
I think there is room for abortion up to viability of the fetus. These days that's even more slippery of a slope than ever. There are people that'll do anything to keep their premature child alive.
Personally speaking I don't think I would support my wife in having an abortion, but I don't think that she would consider it either. There are allways exceptions. You've proven that.
Anything that can be done to reduce abortions has to be a good thing. Making them entirely illegal I won't support. Killing a baby that is late term is very wrong and it'll feel it. Keep that in mind.
I actually agree with most of what you have said. I'd rather someone not have an abortion. But in the end, it's not my choice, but hers (not to say I shouldn't have a say...but I'm not the one carrying it). As far as another couple...that's not my say whatsoever, and really none of my business...nor should it be anyone's business but the couple. Pro-lifer's don't agree.

Late term - yes, there's a major problem there.

Abortion should NEVER be used as birth control.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist