Quote:
Originally posted by xterrapin:
[Our friend was like "call the cops", but I knew they wouldn't have helped me or punished her. Come on, I know this is the real world and I learned first hand already in my life that justice ain't all it's cracked up to be. Typically, whoever has the most money wins. And people with money don't really get in trouble.
I don't know how the D.C. cops are, but where I come from, the cops love nothing more than taking rich people to jail, especially those with attitudes. In the jail, we love having them even more. Perhaps I'm a sick twisted guy, but I love nothing more than breaking someone's spirit, especially the high and mighty. Ever seen a guy go from wearing a tuxedo to jail scrubs? Even more fun seeing the expression on his face when you toss the tux into a garment bag with his shoes on top of it. This was only really reserved for people that were assholes. You know, the "I pay your salary" types. Women are generally more fun - they don't deal well with the humiliation of being arrested.
Editted to add: I have to agree with Moby on this one. The biggest drain on morale is being reined in under the guise of "not sinking to their level". If you are a grunt, you are already living at there level and want nothing more than to give it back. I'm not so sure Sec Def is the one holding us back though. As far as protestors, we laugh them off. They just bitch and complain and never actually do anything. Totally ineffective.