Quote:
Originally posted by Digityzed:
Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
[b]I'm against gay marraige. I'm for Civil Unions. Why? Marraige is a religious ceremony, that happens to be afforded certain rights and priveledges under law. I believe in seperation of church and state. I don't see why the same rights and priveledges can't be granted to gay couples. Marraige is religious. Civil Unions aren't. That gets around the whole "belief" issue, and makes it a law/rights issue.
If marriage is religious, then tell me why a heterosexual couple can go to city hall and get a marriage license, AND be married by a Justice of the Peace? If they're married in a church or in city hall, in the end, they're still married. What if the couple is Atheist - are they not married? As tough as this may be to accept, not everyone believes in God. The whole "marriage is a religious ceremony" is a bullshit excuse that is getting really fucking tiresome.[/b]
Ok, how about this one. I don't believe that gay marriage is the same, and if it ever came to a vote, I would vote against it since it is against my belief system. I have as much right to my opinion and what I want my kids exposed to as the gay couple does, and my family and I don't believe they can form a family in the traditional sense that we believe in.